Sunday 8 April 2012

The Easter Run

Another dull blog post I fear, but post I must.  Today I probably should have been running the 'Compton 40' as recommended by the organisers of the GUCR as an ideal warm up event, but its sooo far...  by that, I mean that it's an hour and a half drive each way, plus the running making for a long day.  So I opted to run at least a marathon on my own instead.  I didn't.   But I did do 21.5 miles, and for once it was mostly in Epping Forest rather than road, meaning it was hillier, muddier and surprisingly I think, harder on my feet.

I had the pleasure of Mike 'the rambler' Cross for company, and having company sure does make the time pass faster.  I think I have coverage for support runners from 90 miles onwards on the GUCR (if I even get that far which is pretty doubtful) but this makes me realise I need company from the first moment it's allowed - 70 miles and onwards.  I have a lot of strategising to do over the next month or so.

Epping Forest, land of my future dog walking

No comments:

Post a Comment